XXX National Conference of BLIA
Sofia, 15th and 16th October 2020
The Bulgarian Library and Information Association will hold its XXX National Conference on "Libraries in the Digital Age" on October 15 and 16 in Sofia, in the Great Hall of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. The main topics and problems of the forum this year will be:
- Digitization and construction of digital collections;
- Digital library services;
- Libraries – navigator in the information space;
- Libraries in support of education and research;
- The modern library specialist - digital competence and professional development;
- Open access to information resources and libraries;
- Integrated library systems: past, present, perspectives;
- Libraries – a platform for developing skills and competencies;
- Libraries in the fight against false information;
- Libraries during pandemics and crises.
Representatives of scientific, academic, public and special libraries from all over the country will take part in the forum. Prof. Kiril Simov from the Institute of Information and Communication Technologies, BAS, and Dimitar Minev, Director of the Ivan Vazov National Library, Plovdiv will join the program of the event, presenting to the audience the KLADA-BG project and the opportunities for the library community to participate in the emerging network of related open knowledge.